After you've identified the part of your life from the nine areas (career, finance, spirituality, fitness, family, friends, significant other, living space, recreation) then you can focus on the detail of one of these areas to build the right strategies that will lead to greater happiness. Here's an example...
Family: What parts of family life really matter to you right now? Here's a possible listing:
- Relationship with spouse
- Relationship with children
- Relationship with in-laws
- Household division of labor
- Launching children
- Balancing outside demands
- Education of children
- Together time
- What else???
- How can you clarify your vision in the areas that matter most to you?
- What do you really want in the areas that are most important to you?
- How can you close the gap between where you currently are and what you really want?
- How will you build support from other family members to create forward movement towards your vision?
Bold and decisive action is necessary to move you to greater happiness. It won't just magically happen. Don't wait for happiness to come to you. It's already under your nose. Take it!